Digital X-rays are the latest in X-ray technology. Instead of developing X-ray film in a dark room, the X-rays are sent directly to a computer and can be viewed on a monitor or printed out. This advanced imaging technology uses lower radiation than conventional X-rays; therefore, they are safer while still providing high-quality results. We focus on using the most advanced dental technology available to provide the best service to our patients.
Digital X-rays offer patients a number of advantages over traditional X-rays:
- There is an extremely low level of radiation exposure, creating a safer diagnostic system for routine X-rays.
- The digital images can be viewed within seconds of being taken since they do not require much time to develop.
- The images taken of your teeth can be enhanced and enlarged many times their actual size on the computer screen.
- Problem areas are easier to diagnose and the digital format makes them easy to see and share with the patient.
- With the X-rays stored inside our dental software, our dentist can digitally compare current images to previous ones in a process called subtraction radiography. This technique compares two images and “subtracts” any similarities, only showing what has changed from the first image to the second. Through this process, our dentist can easily see the smallest of changes that may not be noticed by the naked eye.